Welcome to Empire State NORML!
Empire State NORML is the New York State Chapter of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. We hope you find the information here useful and educational. We strive to provide accurate and objective information as it pertains to the responsible adult use of marijuana, industrial hemp, medicinal marijuana and its prohibition status and our reform efforts.
Empire State NORML’s Goals:
- Help bring about the end to prohibition of Cannabis in New York State.
- Fight for the tens of thousands of cannabis consumers in New York!
- Honor the rights of every adult in New York State to use marijuana responsibly, without the fear of breaking the law.
- Defend the rights of the seriously ill, whose doctors recommend its medicinal use.
- To expand access to New York’s severely limited and newly passed Medical Marijuana law.
- Support it’s industrial and agricultural use as a way to bolster New York State’s struggling economy.
Empire State NORML’s Mission Statement:
- Empire State NORML’s mission is to move public opinion sufficiently to legalize the responsible use of marijuana by adults, and to serve as an advocate for consumers to assure they have access to high quality marijuana that is safe, convenient and affordable.